TaylorCaitlin

TaylorCaitlin

City of Glass - Cassandra Clare I both liked and disliked this book. It was very entertaining, like all of the books in this series, and a very quick read. Similar to City of Bones, I found all of the plot twists completely and annoyingly obvious and the ending a disaster. Come on, how many times and ways can the author say "We're not brother and sister." I didn't count but it was definitely in the double digits. Clary is still the obnoxious teenager, who thinks only of herself and her feelings for Jace. Everything she does revolves around Jace. And at the end when the Angel Raziel grants her one wish, she debates wishing for world peace or and end to world hunger but decides that if those things could be wished for they would have already been wished…even though the author already said that the Angel hadn't been summoned since the first Shadowhunter…and instead she wishes to bring back her (not brother!) bf from the dead. Is it cheesy and romantic- sure. Is it the best message we want to send to young readers- maybe not. Therefore, if you prefer cheesy and romantic to generosity and morality go ahead and keep reading this series, maybe you'll get more out of it than I did.