TaylorCaitlin

TaylorCaitlin

Angel's Ink - Jocelynn Drake I purchased this Kindle book when it was free on Amazon per recommendation by Kim Harrison (author of The Hallows series) and I was not disappointed! I can't believe Amazon gave away such a great book for free. Angel's Ink follows the story of Gage Powell, tattoo artist and ex-warlock in a paranormal world where trolls, elves, werewolves, and many other mythical creatures co-exist. They are ruled by the evil warlocks who keep a close eye on Gage, one of their former students.

I love the concept that because Gage has magic, he uses potions in his tattoo ink to make magical tattoos. Therefore, the story begins when one of his magical tattoos goes terribly wrong and another has an expected side effect. So begins a chain of unfortunate events that lead Gage into some serious trouble with the warlocks, mafia elves, and even the Grim Reaper.

This is a great urban fantasy for anyone who loves the genre. I found the story unique and refreshing with tons of action and vivid characters. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.