TaylorCaitlin

TaylorCaitlin

A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness I think 2 stars for both of these books is pretty generous of me. They were both pretty bad. The story was all over the place. It was like they were always moving. They go somewhere and something happens then they go somewhere and something happens then they go somewhere and something else happens, none of it that meaningful or important. All of the stupid irrelevant details made the book just annoying and frustrating. I also felt like the characters had no real substance to them, I couldn't really relate to any of them or fully understand their motivations. And the romance? It was almost worse than Twilight. Not only was there nothing to it (they meet and all of a sudden they're in love and mated for life), but at least in Twilight we have to endure hundreds of pages of why Bella loves Edward. In this book we really don't have a clue why Diana loves Matthew, other than that she does. It must be because he's a vampire and the only thing vampires are good for is falling in love, right?